Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WordPress Plugin: Height of iFrame

taffertaffer New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is the iframe's height of the commenting plugin for WordPress supposed to be flexible? If it is, I can't get it to work. If not, has anyone found a way to do it?

I've looked at PA's report website, but I can't see anything special.

Answers

• I believe a JavaScript called "jquery.appear.js" handles the height of the iFrame. It can be found in the "/js/library" directory.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I can say that this has been fixed, but I have another minor problem now and I don't think it warrants another thread.

I can't seem to insert the custom.css from my personalised theme into the head of the embedded comments' iframe. If I want to change the look of the comments, I have to edit the style.css file.

Does the custom.css file appear by default or does it have to be added manually?

• taffer said:
    I can say that this has been fixed, but I have another minor problem now and I don't think it warrants another thread.

I can't seem to insert the custom.css from my personalised theme into the head of the embedded comments' iframe. If I want to change the look of the comments, I have to edit the style.css file.

Does the custom.css file appear by default or does it have to be added manually?

Yes. You create it in the design folder of any theme where you want to add custom css to extend or override the style.css.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes, I have the custom.css file inside my theme's folder (in design). What I don't understand is why it won't load for the plugin. Unless I'm missing something...

• I don't know which plugin you are talking about - can you post a link to the plugin, or post a question under the plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• This one: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vanilla-forums/

I use it to embed forum posts as comments.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

delet the .ini files in your cache file. go to the url for your forums site unembedded (not via wordpress) and see if the changes get made.

If so, they should work in embed.

• I wonder how many wp users embed vanilla with embedded content within it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

that why I am so confused with which plugins, he is using. He pointed to the plugin that embeds the forum, so you can only go by what info you receive. It's not that difficult to provide the name of the plugin when you post a question is it, maybe it is, or perhaps it a mind-reading question.