Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

suggestions for addons directory

ithcyithcy New
edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
1. The "Works with" and "requires" verbiage is a little confusing. As I understand it, the "works with" applies to the version of Vanilla, and "requires" applies to the necessary theme. I think it would be easier understood in one sentence - something like "Requires: Vanilla 1 (build 344) with the SoulScape theme."

2. It would be nice to have a "support link" field, there on the addon page, which could link to a lussumo community thread, or to the extension author's homepage, or wherever. A single point of support for users to visit when they have questions.

3. it would also be nice if at least <a> and <b> tags were allowed in the developer description.

Comments

• Options
    4. I should be less demanding.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    1. That's a good idea. I'll do that right away.
    2. The app is actually written with a comments table. I just wanted to get it done, so I left out user-comments for the time being. Once Vanilla is out, I'll add that in there so you can discuss it right there on the addon's page.
    3. Yes. Again, for the sake of getting it done I left it as plain text. I will add more features down the line.

4. I also plan on implementing mod_rewrite so we can get rid of those ugly urls and give each extension a more unique url.
  • Options
    This is undoubtedly a stupid question, but does the addons thing run on the lussumo framework?
    Is it ever gonna be released as an app?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It does run on the framework, yeah. I don't really plan on releasing it, no.
  • Options
    5. Show the number of votes and also the average vote in text. Could come in handy :)
This discussion has been closed.