Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

After input database option ,The page is Done.But nothing show.

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hello. First,I speak english is very bad.I try to show you what is my problem. God help me.....i hope you know what i say. i,m install vanilla on my home pc.when i install step two, i input the database option,an go.The page is Done.But nothing show.No error.No next step.No word.Just blank page. My pc: windows xp-pro sp2. MySql:4.1.18. Php:5.12 and have a Movable type run. Here i do that in my home pc: First I input Http://name.vicp.net/bbs/installer.php in IE6.5 browser..and chick Link "Click here to check your permissions and proceed to the next step",and the go to "Vanilla Installation Wizard (Step 2 of 3)" i input the database option: MySQL Server : lacalhost (and i tryed http://name.vicp.net) MySQL Database Name : blog(i sure it's right) MySQL User : root (i sure it's right) MySQL pass : ****** (i sure it's right) Ok.I chick "Click here to create Vanilla's database tables and proceed to the next step" And page is go and "Done",but the page is all white!No error.No next step.No word.Just blank page. Somebody can tell me why?Thank~and very much. By the way.i install vanilla in my office pc.and it is no problem.

Comments

• Options
    Are you sure you spelled 'localhost' the correct way during installation? Hmm, that would probably have triggered an error message anyway...
  • Options
    I've heard about this error before but i cant quite remember the solution. Something tells me it was a php5 bug. Let me dig around.
  • Options
    As i thought, This thread suggests just changing to php4. Unfortunately it doesnt offer any alternative suggestion...
  • Options
    I think i got the solution.Leastways my problem is solve. Open "C:/window/php.ini" Change the line following: ";extension=php_mysql.dll" to: " extension=php_mysql.dll" *.* Thanks yours reply. And the program is cool and easy use.So thank the developer too~ BTW,I,m a chinese.I speak english is bad.Don't laugh me.
  • Options
    有��志一上�就问我是�是中国的. *.* 对�起大家.我给大家丢脸了... 看�金山�霸急需加强..
  • Options
    You speak english much better than i speak chinese :) I only laugh at english people who cant speak it...
    If you could do a chinese translation i'm sure some people would appreciate it even if it wasnt spot on :)
  • Options
    Internet have a chinese translation. here: http://jedi.org/p4/l10n/Vanilla/zh_tw/ Translator is Jedi.Version is Traditional_Chinese.That is a full and perfection translation.But can,t find it in Vanilla Add-ons.
  • Options
    it wouldn't be in the addons catalogue unless the author (jedilin) added it to the catalogue himself. and i'll have to take your word on how complete or correct it is.
This discussion has been closed.