Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Looking for a dedicated search engine like Lucene or Sphinx

OlivawOlivaw New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Guys, I'm urgently looking for a ready to use dedicated search engine for Vanilla2. I'm available to pay the effort. Can anyone help me? Bests!

Comments

• Hi @Olivaw,

what don't you like in Vanilla core search?

Olivaw
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

I'm available to pay the effort. Can anyone help me? Bests!

@mcu_hq may be your best bet

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/161955/#Comment_161955

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Olivaw
  • @johansonlocker, I have a 200k discussions and 5GB speedy growing database, Vanilla core search need a lot of minutes for an answer with too generic results, this on a local virtual machine 1 core 2Gb ram. I like to select one (of 20) specific forum category to query and some option to refine the query, just a minimal advanced search. Due I'm not a db guy this is a too strong effort for me.

johansonlocker
  • mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay Arizona, USA ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012

@Olivaw What is your time frame? I have built sphinx for exactly your type of setup.

I have most of the front end and install wizard complete. I think it is actually usable to some degree now. It is much more than just a search engine, however. Download here. I implemented a few other "widgets".