Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsconnect php

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a question as to jsconnect.
I have 2 sites with different server, and try to connect the site that has vanilla. other.
I read some jsconnect. And I see I can help a lot, but not if you can actually solve my problem.
Sorry for mistakes, I do not speak much English

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Two questions:

1. What language is your other site programmed in?
    2. Do you have any programming ability?

Answers

Answer ✓

Two questions:

1. What language is your other site programmed in?
    2. Do you have any programming ability?
    1. Php.
      2.a bit Php.
      MySQL, and Lenguajes Basic(CSS, HTML, AJAX, JQUERY) i know, but at this point are not very helpful.

Okay so you're going to have to write a page to put on your other site. Vanilla can then look at this page.

There is very thorough documentation here.

• edited June 2012

You download it, now just upload it to the page without vanilla.

And the secret key is what you get on the panel, or is another

• i read a bit Jsconnect. y download all, but I can not install the plugin in vanilla, not added to my panel, and therefore not able to configure it eh.

This panel, not seen

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

Is there a directory called jsconnect (all in lowercase) in your plugin dirctory

vanilla/plugin/jsconnect

with subdirectories views, design,js and two files starting with class
    the zip file has to be unzipped obviously.

e.g.
    vanilla/plugin/jsconnect/class.jsconnect.plugin.php

if it looks like below it won't work correctly.

vanilla/plugin/Jsconnect/class.jsconnect.plugin.php

It also appears under "Vanilla Jsconnect" in the titles (just to throw you off - many vanilla supplied plugins start with the word Vanilla not by the plugin name, so it is easy to overlook.

The settings screen is found under the left-hand dashboard panel - users
    below authentication.

also check your config.php to see if it shows the plugin enabled TRUE
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['jsconnect'] = TRUE;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ya logre instalar.

Una duda, client id y key Password solo se ponen en el index o tambien en functions.jsconnect.php

Achieve and install.

A doubt, client id and password key only put in the index or also in functions.jsconnect.php

• muchas gracias por su ayuda. logre configurarlo, pero al final de cuentas lo subire al mismo servidor, asi que creo que ya no va a ser necesario tanto esfuerzo por configurar jsconnect.
    Asi que mi solucion final sera conectarme directamente con la base de datos y con la tabla, para poder tener su id, nombre, etc; y yo generar mis propios id.

Pero en realida a todos los que me ayudaron se les agradece mucho

thank you very much for your help. set to achieve, but in the end I'll upload it to the same server, so I think it will not be needed much effort to set jsconnect.
    So my final solution will connect directly to the database and the table in order to have your id, name, etc, and I generate my own id.

But realities to all who helped me were very grateful