Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

Registration - Connect - How to find the existing users by email and assign new users to a group

HumbleHumble New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.3

I have few questions on How the Connect and then the Twitter, Google, Facebook, OpenID OAuth works.

I basically converted my forum to Vanilla Forum by importing the members/messages.

1. When the existing member sign in using OAuth, then the email we get from OAuth profile might match with existing members email, then I don't want to create new user but would like to associate the existing user to the OAuth detailis.

2. When a new member sign in using OAuth, I want them to be part of a particular group like (Confirm Email group). So that I can put them on Moderation for a while till I find them not a spammer.

I saw the twitter, facebook and google plugins code and looked at the Base_ConnectData_Handler. At the end of it we are setting some values to the form, but don't know how to search the users by email and put them in a particular group.

Thanks