Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category heading color

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a fairly simple way to change the colours of the category text in the category menu? It would be nice if I could have categories one Colour (as headings) and the sub (nested) categories a different colour. Currently they all default to the same colour.

Basically I want to display the Categories as headings but I want to post in those categories as well otherwise I would just turn on that feature in the dashboard.

thanks gang

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

something like this maybe.

for
    li class="Depth1

.PanelInfo li.Depth1 a {
       background-color:red;
       }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

There is a pretty simple way to change the color of anything. You need to learn to use your web developer tools - e.g. firebug or the chrome developer tools or whatever. Then you can identify the element name you want to change. In the previous thread you may have learned how to change themes through reading the documentation and modifying the css and creating a custom.css. this lesson is using your browser tools for color css questions :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

So your answer is figure it out on your own hey.

• Options
    edited June 2012

Anyone else have an idea...I'm having a tough time changing just the main category color/styles without changing all the text styles.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Post image of the issue and site link, should be fairly easy.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited June 2012

*link removed

Was hoping I could have each main category a different color or bold...something to distinguish them a bit more.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

something like this maybe.

for
    li class="Depth1

.PanelInfo li.Depth1 a {
       background-color:red;
       }

• Options

this did it! nice thank you.

.PanelInfo li.Depth1 a { color: #000000; }

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

Great! nice followup. now study up on using inspect and read some tutorials on your web tools or firebug, css.