Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to get header & footer from wordpress to vanilla forum?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

is there an relative easy way to pull header & footer from WordPress to our vanilla forum?

Answers

• Options

this would be very interesting to know

• Options

Well, you can always use the embedded version of Vanilla.

• Options

It is not trivial becuase every styling you do would have a knock on effect. Vanilla needed to load its own headers to work, you can just crow bar in header an footers, wishful thinking.

Also force loading wordpress produces terrible performance, the best thing to do is emulate the the style you want and replicate the header and footer, as halfcat said you can use the embed api, which uses an iframe.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2013

What I've personally done God knows how many times now is copy/paste the produced Wordpress source into my Vanilla master view and then include all required CSS and JS files through theme hooks. Was also so lucky as to get a client who's using Sitecore - the client just sent a link to an XML feed containing all required assets (scripts, styles, headers and footers) and I could easily pull them into the theme using SimpleXML. Wordpress could definitely use a feature like that!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

you should ideally name space to prevent mixup.

@kasperisager is a style whizz, so it, not a problem, but warn people don't just think that including files will magically turn out ok.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

^ aint that the truth.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

Or you code use Pockets Plugin, find out the locations of CSS, and other files and just HTML drop in there. Like I have done but my website is not wordpress its custom HTML, JS