Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trying to get property of non-object

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I have just installed revision 358 of vanilla, and put it up on my website. Once I'd got everything configured, and started playing with he forums, I continually get errors of the following form appearing on the page: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.mailer/freshford/freshfordvillage.co.uk/vanilla/library/People/People.Class.User.php on line 265 Once I'm logged in, the errors disappear. Any ideas? I am using PHP 5.1.2. The site can be viewed at: htpp://www.freshfordvillage.co.uk/vanilla/ Thanks, dan.

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm about to set up r358 on my site (exporting as we speak), so I'll let you know if it happens here too.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Lemme see if I can duplicate locally...
  • Options
    NickENickE New
    edited April 2006
    I always get that on a fresh setup as well. Adding a '@' to the first function call on that line fixes/surpresses it, if I can remember correctly.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Okay, I installed your version of php and I'm getting the error as well. Gimme a few minutes to fix it.
  • Options
    Yes, SirNot's tip worked for me too.

Mark, can you check the error in the first post of this thread too while you're trying it out with PHP 5+?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've fixed them both. They were both caused by bad references to the context object. The first one I stupidly passed a bogus context object to the user object. The second one I passed in a context object when I should have been passing in a configuration object.
  • Options
    Excellent. Both work for me now too! Thanks.
  • Options
    Great stuff. Thanks for the fixes.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ok, I'm confused. I have the same errors: Trying to get property of non-object, when using Attachment 2.x Any specific help on this? If the response is: "Noob - put the '@' before the thing with the thing", then please explain that too. Many thanks!
This discussion has been closed.