Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to have two categories per row?

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, Im testing how to change the categories list page (categories.php)to have 2 categories in the same row. Is it possible? How can i do this? I know that i probably have to change controls/categories.php. Exactly the function render() but i dont know how to do it. Someone can help me please? Thanks, Leo.

Comments

• Options
    Just playing around here - you should be able to achieve it with CSS alone. Adding the following to vanilla.css:
    #Categories li {
    width:48%;
    float:left;
    border:5px solid #fff;
    }
    gets the categories arranged in two columns according to the pattern left-right-left-right...

To get list items within each category working again add another float to, i.e.:
    #Categories li ul {
    float:left;
    border-bottom:1px solid #ccc;
    padding: 7px 6px 7px 6px;
    list-style: none;
    margin: 0px;
    }
    That should get you going. I've only played around in firefox 1.5, so you may need to tweak for other browsers.
  • Options
    This is one of those times I wish Firefox's inline-block support wasn't so terrible.
This discussion has been closed.