New Poll addon would be great. Anybody willing to do one?
Hi! Would anybody be interested of adopting one of the current poll addons or even making a new one? I think it's fair to assume at this point, that current addons are not actively maintained, since there has been vulnerability reports about them without any response.
And now to the topic. The features I'm looking for are:
- Poll with question title and x amount of voting options
- Label 'Poll' in a discussion view and in poll topic title stating automaticly 'Poll: ' when a certain topic contains a poll
- Let users see what others voted before they submit their own vote _yes/no_
- Let users select multiple voting options _yes/no_
- Ability to localize it
- Ability to fine tune poll in general and especially the results listing with css or even graphics
- Does not contain any current security threat
- Can view a poll and vote
- Can set up a new poll
- Can add a poll to a existing discussion
- Can add a poll to a existing own discussion
- Can edit all polls (admin only)
Most best ideal option (feature) would be ability to start a new poll instead of a new discussion. This would naturally funtion on a legacy forum style that that the first post of a thread contains the poll question and voting options instead of showing them in a sidebar.
Maybe this feature could be built with using some functionality of current Q&A Addon?
If somebody is willing to write this addon, maybe it could be sponsored by multiple, shared community donations? I'm pretty sure that many people would love this addon.