Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Internal Server error

Hi I have hosted fresh vanilla package on shared server. But it is giving me Internal server error many a time. When I checked the error log I got following error

Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/host-name/public_html/folder_name/discussion/index.php

Frequency of this error is increasing day by day. I don't have any traffic on my site yet. I have hosted on 1-dollor hosting space. Even I don't have any other application running on server.

I am using Vanilla 2 (2.0.18.4) latest version.

Can anybody please guide me what is going wrong.

Comments

• Options

http://www.suphp.org/Documentation.html

and talk to your provider.

google "Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process"

one message said:
    Yeah. suphp. I've run into problems with it before when it's not configured to share memory well, and sadly I don't know of a good solution :/

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

so this is a problem of hoster and nothing to do with vanilla? As I tried contacting hoster but they don't respond :(