Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feed will not update

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Today I started the plugin, everything ok, but feed will not show up. What can I do?

Comments

• I running into the same problem. And since its a background process, I don't know how to debug it. I dont even know what's causing it coz I dont know where to look for such errors.
    @Tim can you help?

• I have a slow connection - so it can't even add the feed properly.

the $FeedRSS variable contains this.

Operation timed out after 2000 milliseconds with 13160 bytes received

could you also be having some timing issues.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Well, in my case it adds the urls, but the feeds are never updated.

I dont know if the CheckFeeds method is even triggered at all. Kinda sucks. It seems lots of people are having problems with this plugin.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

I tried running this from console.

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
           $.get(gdn.url('/plugin/feeddiscussions/checkfeeds'));
        });

and got this. don't know if it is the way I ran it or an actual problem.

Fatal Error in Gdn_PluginManager.GetPluginInstance();

<

div id="Content">

Tried to load plugin 'MinionPlugin' from access name 'MinionPlugin:classname', but it doesn't exist.

<h3>The error occurred on or near: <strong>/var/www/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php</strong></h3>
            <div class="PreContainer"><pre>498:          break;</pre>

499:       }
    500: 
    501:       if (!class_exists($ClassName))
    502:          throw new Exception("Tried to load plugin '{$ClassName}' from access name '{$AccessName}:{$AccessType}', but it doesn't exist.");
    503: 
    504:       if (!array_key_exists($ClassName, $this->Instances)) {
    505:          $this->Instances[$ClassName] = (is_null($Sender)) ? new $ClassName() : new $ClassName($Sender);
    506:          $this->Instances[$ClassName]->PluginInfo = $this->GetPluginInfo($AccessName, $AccessType);

Backtrace:

<div class="PreContainer"><pre>[/var/www/vanilla/plugins/FeedDiscussions/class.feeddiscussions.plugin.php:311] <strong>Gdn_PluginManager->GetPluginInstance();</strong></pre>

[/var/www/vanilla/plugins/FeedDiscussions/class.feeddiscussions.plugin.php:113] FeedDiscussionsPlugin->PollFeed();
    [/var/www/vanilla/plugins/FeedDiscussions/class.feeddiscussions.plugin.php:79] FeedDiscussionsPlugin->CheckFeeds();
    [/var/www/vanilla/plugins/FeedDiscussions/class.feeddiscussions.plugin.php:79] FeedDiscussionsPlugin->Controller_CheckFeeds();
    [/var/www/vanilla/library/core/class.plugin.php:250] PHP::call_user_func();
    [/var/www/vanilla/plugins/FeedDiscussions/class.feeddiscussions.plugin.php:62] Gdn_Plugin->Dispatch();
    [/var/www/vanilla/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:713] FeedDiscussionsPlugin->PluginController_FeedDiscussions_Create();
    [/var/www/vanilla/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:313] Gdn_PluginManager->CallNewMethod();
    [/var/www/vanilla/index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• mclovinmclovin New
    edited July 2012

Ok, if I go to the url /plugin/feeddiscussions/checkfeeds directly, it worked.

I do see the jquery loaded into the dicsussions page but its not being triggered when the document is loaded. Probably conflicting with something else, or a version problem.

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    $.get(gdn.url('/plugin/magpiefeeds/checkfeeds'));
    });

• until somebody says this works - I'm giving up on it.

• It used to be working for me until a couple of days after a lot of trial. I am guessing some other plugin I enabled conflicted with this.

But it looks like @mark and @tim and the guys rarely care about the community anymore ;(