Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Style my forum to look like a page of my website

Hi,

I am new to the forums and was wanting to know if it is possible to style a forum to look like the page of a website.

For example I have a client who is wanting a discussion forum on the website I am designing for them but they want it to look like every other page of the website so can I use my website css to do this or embed the forum content into the html and keep the header and footer from the rest of the site.

What I want to do is place the forum elements into the grey box below the image (image at link below)

idoohmediagroup.com/images/templates/homepage-concept.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited July 2012

@adamdixon1788

You can do either.

Embed

Once you have installed your forum, go to the Dashboard, and enable the Embed plugin.

Then go to Settings on the plugin to get the embed code you need.

Style

If you would rather style the forum to match the site, you can follow these instructions:

http://vanillaforums.org/docs/themequickstart

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I wouldnt use embed. Get someone to do it for you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@whu606

Thanks for the response.

So if I chose the style option I will just need to copy the master view to my themes folder and then add the include 'header.php' above the forum elements.