Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

2.1 version. Questions

422422 Developer MVP
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Are you gonna stick with .tpl files or also offer .php within developed rc release?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

the default theme doesn't use tpl in 2.1.

corrected

see Todd's message

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

The default theme of 2.1 does indeed use a tpl file and we will be using them for all new master views we develop internally. PHP is still supported, but I don't recommend it.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Hmmm.

Okies thanks.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

followup question in default.master.php - you can use removegroup to remove links.

what would be the equivalent in smarty? since the tpl' will be in use. or will you be providing a smarty function?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2012

Our idea would be to just not put those links in the theme in the first place. Each link is a tag so you can just remove them from the theme.

• Options

duh! didn't think of that. thx.