Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme Switcher & Language Pack Switcher available?*

K3nBK3nB New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm considering moving my forum (a small family forum) to Vanilla from a very old copy of vBulletin. We've used vBulletin, IPB and even YaBB in the old days. In my research about Vanilla, it looks like only one theme and only one language pack can be used at any one time and has to be selected by the admin. Is that correct? If so, is there any way I can get user-selectable themes and language packs? We have an uncle who lives in Holland and I've installed a Dutch language pack for him on our current forum. He simply selects that in his user CP and he sees Dutch while the rest of us see English. And we're also used to being able to switch styles/themes on the fly or per setting in user CP so that members are sporting the theme/style of their choice.

My reason for the move is to simplify (and for security since we are running a very old and probably very hackable vBulletin) but these two items, while not must-have, are something that will be missed if I can't find some way to manage them in Vanilla. Thanks!

Comments

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2012

Welcome back, K3nB, unfortunately at the moment we do not have theme switcher and language switcher, but they can be created very easily.
    I only think that we should have them available with Vanilla 2.1 next version, but don't know if that's possible, since Todd, Tim, Mark and Lincoln are very very busy with solving other problems in that new version.
    Maybe someone else can create those 2 things for the Vanilla Community :-P
    In the meantime, check out this thread : http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20257/custom-css-question-theme-switching They're talking about theme switching, Language switching is similar

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for the info, UnderDog! :)