Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category Quantity

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Sorry to be peppering you all with questions! But I am making significant progress on porting over my forums.

I am importing manually (Because I am on BBPress 2.0 right now) and it's going fairly well, however, I noticed that when I import topics they do not show up on the nav menu quantity. When I started, I had 16 topics created prior to the port, in "General". I set up a new category - "Imported" - and it says 0. After importing roughly 150 topics/posts/whatever, "General" still says 16 (as it should) but "Imported" says 0. If you click it, you see all 150 items. So they are there. But something is not counting them properly. I poked around quite a bit but I just drove myself in circles.

It's a minor issue, but a minor issue I'm sure my users are going to remind me of.. often.

Comments

• Options

The fields you are looking for is CountDiscussions and CountComments in the category table. I don't know when they are updated, but if you want to fill them manually, you can either enter a number, or you can run an SQL query. If it's only 1 category I would manually change the number
    If you're planning on moving the discussions around from 'imported' to other categories, the numbers get messed up again.
    I would wait till everything is settled in their right categories, before really updating the numbers to their correct count.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Great. Thank you!