Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Link User to Discussion

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Last question for this whole thing, I hope!!

:)

I have successfully ported over users -- all of them!. I am using SSO, so I ported over the foreignuserkey. Using a bunch of test people, everybody was successfully able to sign in via WP without any issue at all. Those who are supposed to be admins and mods have those privileges and everybody else is a member.

I also have successfully ported over most of the forums. That is working out fine, for the most part. Topics are tied with replies and everything has the right date, the comments show up in the right order even! Woohoo.

BUT -- it gives no username attached to anything. I took great pains when I did this whole thing that I would keep the WP user # intact, so that they could link. And when I ported over, say, the User with # 4456, they show up as 4456 after logging in and that works great. And they can reply to an existing post and their name shows up perfectly. But any old ones.... nope... just empty.

It's annoying, especially since a few years ago I made the leap out of phpbb (so glad I did that) and I also lost usernames to posts... and people still remind me of that occasionally..

Any ideas?

Comments

• can you post a screenshot of where the problem is?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I figured out my issue. I was referencing user 4456, internally it was referenced as user 156 (or something). I got around this by re-creating the user tables and rather than incrementing them internally (what I did before), I cloned the WP user number. So user 4456 is user 4456 in all instances.

It appears to work fine-- I made a new test user and it showed up as 9165 (the next in line) in both WP and Vanilla. So. Yay.

Guess I just needed to think about it out loud more. (Isn't that often the issue?)

• if you get a chance you should summarize what you did on the manual conversion in one place and post it for others to use.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I have been taking notes so I can do that! :)