Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

don't wanna show tags in sidebar

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Dear friend,
i am from www.Wemix.In/chaupal and in my forum i dont wanna show popular tags or any such in side bar column.
How to hide it from there.
Regards

Tagged:

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@wemix

Disable the tagging plugin via the Dashboard.

• then the tags option will also be disabled while posting or it will remain enabled????

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

disabling the plugin will remove tags option - these are things you should test yourself - you can do that - can't you?

but if you want tags enabled and just remove the box - put this in your custom.css in your theme.

div .Tags {
       display:none
    }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited July 2012

i am using VANLIX theme? Which file i must Edit sir?

• shhhhh, let him find this one out by himself, ok ;-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Dear UnderDog,
    I found the file custom.css ; but i wasn't able to locate the line which @peregrine mentioned.
    the path goes like : > public_html/chaupal/themes/Vanlix/design/custom.css

now what?

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

wemix said:
    Dear UnderDog,
    I found the file custom.css ; but i wasn't able to locate the line which @peregrine mentioned.

peregrine meant that you add those lines to your ccs. So they don't exist yet and that's why you couldn't find them.