HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Suggestion: Ghosting Discussions

XrnwXrnw New
edited July 2012 in Feedback

Hi;

I would like a feature to "ghost" a topic so that only the people who have created or participated in the discussion can see it--to everyone else the discussion thread is not visible.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SheilaSheila ✭✭

What about just creating new category with custom role permissions? Woudn't that do almost the same thing?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

If it isnt visible, how do users find it to participate in it, to then make it visible ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    SheilaSheila ✭✭

^ That's what I was wondering also.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

You'd need the séance plugin, obviously.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Todd said:
    You'd need the séance plugin, obviously.>

Todd, How do I levitate the comments off the page in the séance plugin and will it also work for v2.1. I want to put it at the bottom with rtl and embed it. Is that possible? Will it also be available in the feeds and will there be a séance badge ?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    SheilaSheila ✭✭

^ Haha!

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Just add the following css to your theme:

.Item {
        opacity: .5;
        left: 50px;
        top: -50px;
        box-shadow: 0 10px 50px rgba(0,0,0,.5);
        z-index: 1000;
    }

• Options

well the levitation worked!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

@Xrnw - you might be able to modify the "In this discussion" plugin by adding a class "Ghost" to discussion and using Todds example in your css with .Ghost.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Or use the new mozilla class moz-apparition {opacity:0.1}

There was an error rendering this rich post.