HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Few usability suggestions to Guest Restriction

SheilaSheila ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Feedback

Hi!

Tested the plugin and previous lack of something like this has 'forced' me to keep my board fully private so I think this is an awesome addon!

However, I have few suggestions to Guest Restriction from a usability and user friendliness point of view.

At the moment, when plugin is activated, a guest sees a preferred category. First click -> selected category and it's topics. Second click -> selected message with customized info 'Please login etc.' that info being for example a link to login or register.

So that's even 3 clicks in vain without a 'reward' yet. My suggestion is to prompt user to login/register already after the first click. That would be more user friendly resulting most likely more new registrants.

Also in Dashboard Guest Restriction Options there's no convenient way to go back to all plugins or Dashboard home

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Sheila said:
    Hi!

Tested the plugin and previous lack of something like this has 'forced' me to keep my board fully private so I think this is an awesome addon!

However, I have few suggestions to Guest Restriction from a usability and user friendliness point of view.

At the moment, when plugin is activated, a guest sees a preferred category. First click -> selected category and it's topics. Second click -> selected message with customized info 'Please login etc.' that info being for example a link to login or register.

It's the teaser that doesn't satisfy. This plugin was just instructional in the first place.

So that's even 3 clicks in vain without a 'reward' yet. My suggestion is to prompt user to login/register already after the first click. That would be more user friendly resulting most likely more new registrants.

Also in Dashboard Guest Restriction Options there's no convenient way to go back to all plugins or Dashboard home

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/164650/#Comment_164650

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.