Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email config

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Emails from Vanilla (notifications) still have [Vanilla 2] in the subject line. I found where to change the "From", so it has my website name there, but still says [Vanilla 2]. I changed things in the config file (Or at least, I thought I changed everything!)

$Configuration['Garden']['Title'] = 'The Geek Group'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'The Geek Group';

Those are the two that previously said "Vanilla 2".. are there any others? Ideally I would like there to be nothing brackets, just "Username sent you a message" or whatever. It has me a little perplexed.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Can you use grep or do you have it?

grep -ir Vanilla 2 *

look for lines that start with C and T.

you need to change it in your definitions.php or locale.php if it is in a translatable statement.

look at locale documentation.

you also may need to delete your .ini files in cache (not sure but it can't hurt).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

The email subject format is a translation so you can add the following to /conf/locale.php.

$Definition['[%1$s] %2$s'] = '%2$s';

• Options

Todd said:
    The email subject format is a translation so you can add the following to /conf/locale.php.

$Definition['[%1$s] %2$s'] = '%2$s';

I believe based on what Todd said: you could make the subject line.

$Definition['[%1$s] %2$s'] = '[Benjy wants to change the subject] %2$s';

would modify the subject portion to this -

[Benjy wants to change the subject] username sent you a message.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.