Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanillaskins - one problem

spam1877spam1877 New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I bought the skin Response and I have problem with footer. In tutorial says:
1. default.master.php edits:
change the path to match your website .. this is the file path , which you would see when using ftp
/home/vanilla/public_html/response/themes/respond/views/metas.php

My forum http://adrian1877.vipower.pl/ is in test domain. How to make a point 1?
my file patch: adrian1877.vipower.pl/themes/response/views/metas.php Is incorrect, why?

1. "this is the footer include, change the path relative to your forum."
    /home/vanilla/public_html/response/themes/respond/views/footer.php

my patch: adrian1877.vipower.pl/themes/response/views/footer.php is too incorrect, because footer does not work like on this screen http://vanillaskins.com/img/response_preview.png

Please help. What should be my path to files?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

what about this in your master.default.php

@include_once dirname(__FILE__).'/metas.php';

or

include dirname(__FILE__).'/metas.php';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

default.master.php edits

line 2 change the path to match your website .. this is the file path , which you would see when using ftp.

line 29. change this image path to suit your forum setup, this is the logo for the header

line 31. change the title text to match your advert tooltip text. change the href link for the advert and the file path for the image ( which is an advert image )

line 89. this is the footer include, change the path relative to your forum.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I assisted you until nearly 2 am, and then minutes later you post on here. Lol.

Send me ftp details to your site via email,i will fix for you. Also send admin acct details for logging into forum.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Oh and lastly, be a tad more patient, usually most websites offer 24 to 48 hr response. I need sleep too

:)

• Options

nice theme 422. I like the arrow routine.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Cheers.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

For posterity @spam1877 the categories > all.php

goto forum > themes > response theme > views > categories

Open all.php

goto line 65

you should see :

<span class="CommentCount">'.sprintf(Plural(number_format($Category->CountAllComments), '%s comment', '%s comments'), $Category->CountComments).'</span>';

Change completely this line to:

<span class="CommentCount">'.sprintf(Plural(number_format($Category->CountAllComments), '<span class="number">%s</span> <span class="word">reply</span>', '<span class="number">%s</span> <span class="word">replies</span>'), $Category->CountComments).'</span>';

Regards Ste

• Options

422 said:
    I assisted you until nearly 2 am, and then minutes later you post on here. Lol.

Send me ftp details to your site via email,i will fix for you. Also send admin acct details for logging into forum.

I sent the e-mail.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Will fix asap, just having sunday dinner.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

@peregrine, I like that include method.

<?php @include_once dirname(__FILE__).'/somefile.php'; ?>

Works a charm