Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Nilla Blog style doesn't fully replace the theme style

ajormanajorman New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi Everyone, i'm new to Vanilla forums..

When, i tried to install nilla blog plugin, the plugin does replace the theme style. But, some of the theme style is still remains.

And also, can you tell me how to make the nilla blog plugin create a readmore link after some words..

FYI, i'm using public_vforg theme. The image of the problem is in attachment.

Please Help me.. thank you

Comments

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2012

Unless you're using the default theme, this is no surprise as a developer can't take into account every possible CSS rule when he makes an add-on that requires special styling. Simply use a developer tool like Firebug to find the conflicting CSS and then change it. It looks like the theme you're using adds a border to your discussion listings. The rule you'd therefore need to add to the element(s) would be this:

.your-element { /* Find the class of the element by using Firebug */
        border: none;
    }

If you're unsure about how to find the exact class, how to add the rule to your theme or something else, just say the word!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub