HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Importing vanilla 1 to 2 problem

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'have a problem with the import tool : I start a thread here http://vanillaforums.com/discussion/521/cant-import-into-vanilla-forum but it was not the right place :-(

Doesn't anybody could help me?

Comments

• I installed the vanilla2export.php tool, use it, save the export file as export.txt and it seems to me that it is a well formatted data file.

I give it to vanilla2 importer /dashboard/import choosing the export.txt file and I've got this f%*king message :
    "Warning: All data in this forum will be overwritten."
    (Oh, yes : that's exactly what I want :) )
    "The import file is not in the correct format."
    (So what? How should I format this file to give it 2 you?)

Any suggestion please, I'm going mad.

UnderDog
  • Ah ah ah! That was so crazy : You need to put the vanilla2export.php in a special folder in your old vanilla forum and set THIS FOLDER at 777, and THEN you'll see the apparition of a checkbox (onlythen :) ) to save the export on your web server and this file will be export_yourbase_txt.gz that you could then use, well formatted to import. Easy. Ah ah ah.

ToddUnderDog