HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I think i like the new layout of vf.org!*

2»

Comments

• Options

I don't know if it is my imagination or if the "Accepted" answers slide to the top of the discussion thread. It seems so, and take the answer totally out of context in the thread. I find it not a good implementation - if what I think is happening is the case. I

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

interesting new feature the discussion topic turns gray if you made a comment in the topic discussion and is white if you haven't. All my topics are gray :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

peregrine said:
    interesting new feature the discussion topic turns gray if you made a comment in the topic discussion and is white if you haven't. All my topics are gray :).

Sorry peregrine - you are wrong on that one.

it turns gray if you read the discussion.
    good try though :). But it would be interesting if there was an icon or a color that was represented in the discussions topics that was show if the logged in user (you) had made a comment on a discussion topic.

In that way you would know all discussion topics - that you had previously made comments on.

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

peregrine said:
    But it would be interesting if there was an icon or a color that was represented in the discussions topics that was show if the logged in user (you) had made a comment on a discussion topic.

In that way you would know all discussion topics - that you had previously made comments on.

The database query for that, and resultant performance hit, would result in people whining about how "Vanilla is slow and doesn't scale". So that's something we're not able to do at this time.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

peregrine said:
    Where is the activity link located on this page? either its not there or I am "link blind".

http://vanillaforums.org/activity

Good catch. Activity link got lost in the shuffle.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

The red colored box on index page for comment count you have rounded corners with the blue bg showing behind..is that an oversight?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Couldnt re edit previous comment and then add file.

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

That all being said and criticised.....

I just wanted to congratulate and appreciate Vanilla team for making these intuitive and immersive changes.

This theme truly reflects the true color of Vanilla. Plain, simple yet highly customizable.

PS: Thanks @Tim for making those changes. Just a clarification, is profile pic at center of navigation bar coz from IE9 it doesnt look like that?

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

I like the reactions and how your profile has all the stats associated with them. I also like the quick links on the nav bar next to your username. Also the breadcrumbs are more intelligent. However, I am an advocate that a table setup for forums is the way to go if the community is large enough. It is good that 2.1 incorporates this traditional setup as an option.

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Am I missing "Ask a Question" button CSS/Image in individual plugin page?

• Options

Yep, I think it's missing the class 'Button'. With other buttons / background images the < a > link has classes : 'Button BigButton' and this 'ask a question button' only has the css class 'BigButton'