HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Question regarding editing Vanilla/announcing my startup website.

edited July 2012 in Feedback

Hi guys, feel free to move this elsewhere -- wasn't exactly sure which category this belonged to.

Firstly, I want to say Vanilla Forums is amazing. I used it to build my startup website that just launched, www.trufeed.com. We're still working through bugs, but for the most part, it's been an awesome theming/building experience.

Regarding theming -- this was really my first theming experience with Vanilla, so as you can imagine, working on deadlines -- my job wasn't as "clean and tidy" as I'd like. There was some times when I had to altar a line here/line there within the core (mostly semantic stuff like wording, link placement, design options, etc. etc.). Most of my work however, was theme work and simple hooks / use of plugins.

I really do wish I could contribute back to the community some of my work, but I didn't develop any plugins or any concise, directories with clean, perfect code for you guys. But as I move forward, I want to start developing plugins as I get more familiar with this platform and contribute back.

I wanted to shout out a special thanks to @x00, @todd and @lincoln and of course @Mark for your guys' awesome work and comments on here that helped me through this process.

THANK YOU VANILLA!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Just meant to say, good bloody work mate. Your new site looks great ! The discussion needs a little work ( tested via iPad ) but main forum home page, is schweeettttt

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks ya!

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2012

johnrooney said:
    I really do wish I could contribute back to the community some of my work, but I didn't develop any plugins or any concise, directories with clean, perfect code for you guys.

Hi john,

Welcome to Vanilla and Thanks for your kind words!

The only thing in this case I would love to see is your experience, how you developed your site, which plugins did you choose and why, what did you run into with making your theme, etc, etc. If you have time of course :-)

Oh, and your site looks amazing. If you can make a theme out of it that you can share, that would be great! As always @422's advice is right on the spot, but after that it's a nice new (maybe adjusted for the community) theme!

There was an error rendering this rich post.