Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Seeking developer for (paid) vanilla site customization.

talaysentalaysen New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Seeking a developer to customize installed vanilla forum, will pay for development.
Vanilla is installed, with FB/Twitter/OpenID connections configured,
Added 'Custom Pages' addon, no other changes made to original setup.
Please read through requirements carefully, and, if interested in developing this,
contact me at talaysen@ruinationgaming.org to discuss details.

Must satisfy all of the following:

(This is all related to MineCraft servers)

Users would add their server details (address, port), a title, short description, long description, and small banner image.
This information would be stored to the user's account and should be editable by the user.

The main page will be a list of these user added servers.
Format:
Score, Server Name, Address, Votes, and Players, Date Added
This list would be ordered by rank, highest rank at the top of the list.

Rank would be determined by:
n = z * 0.333d + 1.5v
Where z is the overall uptime percentage, d is the amount of days since the server was added, and v is the total amount of votes for the server.

Clicking on a server's 'Server name' or banner image would direct the user to the server's page,
which would have the full information:
Format:
Title, Banner Image, Server Address, Votes, Votifier 'Vote' Info, Players, Date Added, Description

Site must be able to query these servers for server data.
It must return the status of the server (online/offline), the number of players online (# out of # of slots available).
(https://github.com/xPaw/PHP-Minecraft-Query)
Script written by xPaw for this purpose, though personally untested.

Site must have Votifier capability:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/votifier/#w-how-can-my-server-list-support-votifier

Must allow user to enter their IGN (In-game name) and a captcha code.
Must only allow (any user) to vote once per day, and restrict IP address to 1 vote per IP address.

(The forum functionality shouldn't be readily accessible, and could be converted to serve the above purpose, as the 'server listing' would be very similar to posting a 'discussion'.)

Each page of listings should display a maxium of 30 servers.
Main page would have 5 reserved listing spaces.

At top of every page, space for 728 x 90 px banner ad, (persistant ad)

Site should allow for a 728 x 90 px banner ad space between every 10 listings (with 30 per page, 1 space after 10, 20, and 30)
(Occurance 1 & 3 should be the same persistant ad featured at the top of the page, Occurance 2 will be a separate space).

Site should allow for right side and left side banner ad spaces, (on either side of listing), 160 x 600 px.

Comments

• Hi Talaysen,

Did you ever get a response? I posted a request for vanilla development wok and haven't yet received a response.

Thank you,

Robert

• 422422 Developer MVP

You emailed me at :12:59pm , I emailed you back at 1.00pm

That is what I call a quick response, perhaps check your emails @rstober , then you wouldnt have to reply on here about not receiving responses !

If you need me, you better hurry up.

1. I am choosey
    2. I get angsty when people who want things reply like a 3 legged camel in a snow storm
    3. I may well just lose interest.

However to curtail that issue, if its wordpress I am not interested in the slightest.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

422 said:
    You emailed me at :12:59pm , I emailed you back at 1.00pm

That is what I call a quick response, perhaps check your emails @rstober , then you wouldnt have to reply on here about not receiving responses !

If you need me, you better hurry up.

1. I am choosey
    2. I get angsty when people who want things reply like a 3 legged camel in a snow storm
    3. I may well just lose interest.

However to curtail that issue, if its wordpress I am not interested in the slightest.

I think you cited the reason why there are not too many replies for a paid requests because it is too much effort to get things squared away and too little money to waste the energy on a contractual gig where nines times out of ten the target moves on the moment. Not saying that this happened in this case.
    It seems to me if someone wants a job done they should state up front what they are willing to pay for the work that they want done and a reasonable timeframe.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Yep, we should start a leaderboard of the funniest comments / statements users make when asking for work to be done:

1. I would do it myself but I am too busy
    2. It shouldnt take to long
    3. Really easy edits
    4. Our other developer let us down, unfortunately his 5th grade teacher has grounded him, and taken all the money I sent him for the entire project and bought an apple with it !

There was an error rendering this rich post.