Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Weird bug: username becomes usernamehello after registration

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi everyone, I just installed Vanilla 0.9.2 on my SME Serer 7.0 and everything is running smoothly. I lik this Forum application a lot and I even started my own translation into dutch of the language file (not neearly halfway through though...). Now for my problem: when a new user fills out the application form and, for instance chooses the username "vanilla", after approval by the administator, the account panel shows the user name as "vanillahello". I have scanned all the php files in the installation for "hello" with notetab, but not a single reference is found in the files. I'm at a loss here and your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark Hazeleger

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'm not sure I completely understand. Can you post a screen capture of the bug?

Does it show hello only on the account tab, or does it show up in the user's posts as well?
  • Options
    Hi Mark,

While writing this reply, trying to explain what was happening, I had a brainwave. I have the PredefinedAttributes extension installed and decided to take a closer look at the PredefinedAttributes.php. Somewhere down the script I found the following section:

$s->AddFieldNameValue("Name", $User->Name."hallo");

I stripped off the ."hallo" bit and hey presto, the problem is gone. Just enrolled a user test with username test and this one shows up as username test like it should.

I am using the PredifinedAttributes version for Vanilla 0.9.2 which is included in a subdirectory in the package that is currently in the download area, stating that it is intended for Vanilla 1.0.

Thank for your help anyway. I will keep you posted on the Dutch translation I am working on.

Best regards from Amsterdam!

Mark
  • Options
    Mark, marker? What next? Markest?
  • Options
    Hi Marker, sorry, my fault. I wrote the Predefined Attributes Extension and left some my standard debugging word "hallo" in there. Now removed it and uploaded the new source to the Add-Ons directory. Michael
This discussion has been closed.