Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Instalation Problems

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I have just installed Vanilla forums. Looks great but I have a few problems.

1) First of all I'm not sure if I installed it in the right place. I uploaded everything to a folder called 'forum' on my site and ran the installation. So now I have a URL like this that access my foum "www.examplesite.com/forum". I have a wordpress blog already on www.thecashlab.com and have just made a menu link to www.thecashlab.com/forum for forum access. I hope that was correct. When using the WP Vanilla Forum plugin integration I chose www.thecashlab.com/forum for my forum page in wordpress also.

2) After setting up the forum integration WP plugin and integrating the comments from WP with the comments in the forum, it is leaving a huge white blank space under the comments. The wordpress theme is Canvas WooTheme. How do I get rid of this huge white space? See example here: (scroll down the page) http://thecashlab.com/black-hat-techniques/making-money-from-topsites/

3) When using the back end of Vanilla Forum and trying to access anything under the "Forum" heading like categories, flood control, advanced, or flagged content it redirects me to initial installation page and asks for all my database name and database user name stuff again. So its impossible for me to choose categories or anything. Why is that happening? Any way to fix that?

4) How to login to the Forum Back-end? At the moment I'm just using the back button on my browser. But since I have no idea what the login address is I'll be locked out of the backend once I close the browser.

Thanks,
Ben

Comments