Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BBCode not being accepted

TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I currently have the vanilla forum 0.9.2 installed, and I was seeing what all bbcodes where allowed within the function that is included with the initial download of it, and found that not to many where there and that the javascript bug was able to be exicuted. So within the BBCode.php source I replaced the BBEncode function with my own --

BBCode.phps file

Then when I went to test it out, it showed the bbcodes in action for the preview of the post, but not within the actual thread. It ended up showing the acuall bbcode instead. Any kind of help would be appricated.

Comments

• this is a silly question, but are you sure you had "format comments as BBCode" selected when you added the comment? you can edit it and check.
  • TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    ahh nevermind, I fixed my first bug.. kinda

it turns out that I have to make sure everybodies roles have to be enabled to post html, and it seems like the bbcode extention blocks html tags (which I wanted), and then changes the bbcode into html format. So if anyone else runs into this problem make sure that the user role is able to post html with the bbcode extension turned on.

and feel free to use the code above, It has the minor fixes that can happen if someone tries to put html in the image, or links.
  • Yeah the "Post HTML" permission is more like "Post Non-Plaintext".
This discussion has been closed.