Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Points or Rewards Add On for our Vanilla website?

vegasprovegaspro New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Please advise if there is a Points or Rewards Add On that we can use for our website?

Comments

• Can you explain a bit more what you mean please? The points and rewards we are using here on vf.org are 'likes' (awesome and insightful). If you get lots of likes you get an extra 'badge'. Problem is that the plugin probably will not be for the open source version of Vanilla.

There is another addon and that is the Karma addon, but I don't know much information about that.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I didn't necessarily want to mimic badges and such that you see here on V forums. Something more like accrued points for every time a user conducts activity or participates. Thanks for the Karma plugin - close but something more straightforward.

Basically we want to encourage users to participate on the forums.

• vegaspro said:
    Basically we want to encourage users to participate on the forums.

Yep, gotit, same here.

I haven't investigated Karma too much, but maybe you can adjust that plugin? Or use the 'like this' plugin and adjust that.

Alternative is to do an action (use an event) every time someone posts a comment, adds an activity, adds a discussion, which is complicated to make (in my opinion)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for the attention. I feel this feature is coming soon from some contributor.