Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Increasing Theme Font Size

XrnwXrnw New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all;

Is there any easy way to increase the global font size by 1.3em for a theme? I'm using the VanillaPress theme

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

In your forum, you may be using a theme. In that theme folder is a design folder, in that folder is a file called custom.css

find out what font handles the text you wish to change, and increase the size accordingly. with no forum link I cannot be more specific

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• The forum is at http://petsless.com/forum thanks!

• He's using the VanillaPress2010 theme. He already started another topic somewhere else: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21019/how-to-remove-just-another-vanilla-forum-text. It's gonna be a lonnnggggg day today...

• Sorry, I'm not much of a designer. Is there a way to globally increase all text by 1.3 em for the VanillaPress theme or does it have to be manually increased for every type of text?

• 422422 Developer MVP

body {font-size:24px !important;}. Try that

• Lol, I know enough to know that's not what I want! I guess I'll start looking for a web designer

• 422422 Developer MVP

If you know that then you have heard of firebug? Read up on css and globals

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited July 2012

What do you mean by 'global font size'?

Changing 'by' 1.3 em doesn't really make sense. Do you mean change to?

Or do you want to change all font sizes by the same ratio?

If so then you will need to use Firebug (or a similar tool) to see which css rules are setting the different font sizes and change them.