Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Request] Update check, also for addons?

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I like Mark's update check, but it only verifies Vanilla's installation. Maybe Mark can add some version check for all addons? And compare it to his new Vanilla Addon repository?

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah. I thought of that, too. I'm going to have to think of the best way to execute this...
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    perhaps adding a control delegate within each extension which can fire off when an update check is performed?
  • Options
    An update for add-ons sounds like a swell idea (excuse the lussumopun)... espcially when there seem to be so many fledgling extensions like mine that keep changing...
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I think that's what the version numbers will be used for later on :) quite possible an extension to update extensions or something to that effect, 3stripe :)
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    if Mark could deliver some xml like:
    <addons> <addon> <name>My Extension</name> <version>1.0</version> <lastupdated>2006-07-01 14:50:00</lastupdated> </addon> </addons>
    That would make it very easy to create an extension that can check for updates :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    /me pushes the "go" button on the back of Jazzmans head to crank out a new extension based on this idea.
  • Options
    I think each extension should also include which Vanilla version it's meant for (if they do not already). If someone's using v0.92 they wouldn't want extensions for v1.
  • Options
    That's already in place. When you add a new extension you get to choose for which version it is. And then it's shown on the add-ons site (although quite small).
  • Options
    What Thomas means is that you can't install it for other versions it was meant for I think :)
  • Options
    this would be an awesome idea and it sounds very possible! props jazzman
This discussion has been closed.