Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

More than one master template?

jhsujhsu New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I know it's called master for a reason...
I would just like one extra option for all entry pages (without banner, dicussion/activity listed)
I understand how to edit it, but confused on how to implement the entry views to a different master template (if possible).

Comments

• I think you want different views in some cases, which is perfectly fine. Maybe, just maybe you can accomplish that with 'theme options'. I have no idea how to implement those, but hope that either @422 or @peregrine will know.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• From what I understood it seemed like all the views were inheriting the default.master.tpl - I would like to take all the views in the entry class (registration page) and remove the header.

Currently I set the master template to include my header and banner and etc so it appears on all my pages. But I'm not sure if this is hte best configuration anymore if I sort of need two different "master" templates. One for entry views and one for everything else.

I have a custom theme so I don't think I get the options panel.

• 422422 Developer MVP

@peregrine can help you i am sure

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.