Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Public V 1

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is vanilla going to go public with version 1 or should I buck up and bite the svn bullet? I don't want to figure it out since I am going to have to edit my database and my css I would rather do it as few times as possible... any thoughts? TIA

Comments

• Options
    I would wait for the V1, and actually, that is exactly what I'm doing.
  • Options
    It'll stay on SVN until it gets a public release where it will be distributed normally. The public release will happen when it's been stable for a long enough time, I think Mark mentioned 2 days without any bug reports.

Theres still a couple of more things left to do.. just keep an eye on the Swell Blog for more updates.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited April 2006
    Things left to do:
    • Redesign lussumo.com
    • Implement new design for getvanilla.com
    • Vanilla Upgrader (30% finished)
    • Lussumo.com side of Vanilla update check
    • Re-upload changed extensions to add-on directory
    • Fix any bugs that crop up while I do all of that
    I've also got a deadline at work for the 15th of May that is looming over my head and I'm a little behind on that.
  • Options
    I like SVN, you can have the "public" release! Haha!
  • Options
    TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    I cant wait for the public release, the waiting is killing me! haha

I would do the svn, but I have noo clue how to get those files on my system without coping and pasting everything.
  • Options
    trey, check the thread at the top for more info. On windows you can use TortoiseSVN to check out the entire directory and keep track of updates on a regular basis. Once you've got it installed and the address entered, it's as easy as pie.
This discussion has been closed.