Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Fatal Error When Updating to 2.1a24.1

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Trying to do a test update to 2.1a on a backup of my database, and I'm getting a fatal error because of an unknown column. Problem is, when I look at the user table in the database, there is no such column anywhere. Any insight? The error message follows:

Unknown column 'AllIPAddresses' in 'field list'
update GDN_User User
set DateLastActive = :DateLastActive,
 LastIPAddress = :LastIPAddress,
 AllIPAddresses = :AllIPAddresses
where UserID = :UserID

Comments

• Options

You posted the error perfectly and I snipped the unimportant stuff.

What did you do after you placed the new files from Vanilla 2.1a over your old files?

Did you go to any special location to do any kind of 'upgrade'?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I updated config.php and pointed it to the backup database I made, then ran /utility/update.

Sorry, I know you're trying to lead me somewhere, but I'm not following just yet.

• Options

Chris_Withers said:
    I updated config.php and pointed it to the backup database I made, then ran /utility/update.

That's what I needed to know. This means there's a glitch in updating your backup database (i.e. a glitch in the database upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1). You did it right (as far as I know) and Vanilla made a little error

What I would do is the following:

a) Dump structure of the backup database before you tried to upgrade

b) Dump structure of Vanilla 2.1

Compare those 2 structures, especially regarding the User table

Now you know which field to manually add :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

When updating always browse to /utility/update to get the database up-to-date.

• Options

Cool. Added the AllIPAddresses field and the update completed successfully.