Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Customise Notification Text

forth001forth001 New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is it possible (and if so, how) to customise the text which is shown in the popup notifications for individual activities?

So, for example - instead of the default notification for a user sending you a message "XXX sent you a message", I could change this to "XXX messaged you".

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

I havent checked but perhaps in the locales, use grep.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Hello, thanks for your answer - I've checked in the /locale folder but to no avail.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited November 2012

I think what you are looking for is in the structure.php file. Close to the bottom of the code. This is the path to file : vanilla/conversations/settings/structure.php

_// X sent you a message
    if ($SQL->GetWhere('ActivityType', array('Name' => 'ConversationMessage'))->NumRows() == 0)
       $SQL->Insert('ActivityType', array('AllowComments' => '0', 'Name' => 'ConversationMessage', 'FullHeadline' => '%1$s_ sent you a %8$s.', 'ProfileHeadline' => '%1$s sent you a %8$s.', 'RouteCode' => 'message', 'Notify' => '1', 'Public' => '0'));