Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla and CDN?

On my wordpress installs, much of the content (not just jQuery) is delivered through caching and a CDN through the famous plugin W3 Total Cache and a service like MaxCDN.

Is there any kind of equivalent for Vanilla? I know that vanillaforums.com team has uses uses some CDN solution...

I'm asking because I'm looking for CDNs for my main site and am trying to shop its forum in mind as well.

Comments

• Options

looking for the same :/

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I've recently started using CloudFlare, which is free.

It has certainly improved page load times

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2012

@whu606

I've recently started using CloudFlare, which is free.

It has certainly improved page load times

I'm not familiar with cloudlflare, Is it just a matter of signing up for the free plan. Getting some kind of token or link, enabling the cloudflare plugin from the add-ons, and that's it, or is it more involved. I know I could try it and experiment, but if you had the the time @whu606, could you layout the steps involved. do you think the page load times would be enhanced on most web sites using it or just ones with really busy or ineffectual host providers.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@peregrine

I'm on BlueHost, where they've made it available for all sites hosted with them as a one-click solution.

However, I think it is as simple as visiting here: http://www.cloudflare.com/plans choosing free plan and setting up an account, then choosing which website(s) you want Cloud Flare to be used for.

For those who are able to truly optimise all the elements on their site, there may not be a great difference, but my site went from an average page speed score of 70 to 90.

Since it's free, and very easy to set up, I guess there's no reason not to 'suck it and see'.

The plugin on here isn't to set up Cloud Flare.

• Options

thanks for the info @whu606

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited October 2012

You need to be able to change the DNS records for the name servers at your host. I will definitely experiment with CloudFlare when I do the switch to vanilla. The plugin however is not working for 2.0.18.4 right now though. So, I might be running into trouble.