Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can I delete old posts on a schedule?

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've just installed vanilla, and it seems to be working well. I am hosting a professional forum that is transitioning from an older mailinglist format. In the past, people have searched and subpoenaed archives for litigation. Because of that, we do not save the mailinglist posts on a server (though of course individual users can save the emails they get). I would like to continue that tradition by automatically deleting posts to the forum that are over a certain age -- say two weeks. Is there an option for this?

Thanks!

billo

Comments

• Options

billo said:
    I would like to continue that tradition by automatically deleting posts to the forum that are over a certain age -- say two weeks. Is there an option for this?

If you know how cron jobs work, there is something you can create, but there isn't a built-in option in Vanilla for that.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@billo You can use my Cron Jobs plugin to do what you're asking. You'll have to create a very simple plugin that performs the actual cleanup, but it should not be too hard.