Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Google Analytics vs. Mint vs Speed

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Does anyone have any experience with google analytics vs. mint in terms of speed?

i am running a wordpress site and load times are very important to me. i am not that happy with load times as they are without an analytics package [even though i am using a cache plugin].....

any thoughts??? :)

Comments

• Options
    I haven't really tried Analytics but I never had any problems in terms of speed with Mint. It loads quick and isn't very noticeable in high load environments.
  • Options
    Mint will load as fast as your site can load. It's hosted on the same server as your site. Google Analytics however has to connect to another site, google may be quick but it can't be as quick as Mint. I've noticed a couple of times that pages are still loading and in the status bar is says http://www.google-analytics.com
    That's not often though.

Out of interest, what are your load times?
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Thanks for the feedback.... It is not that fast when first loaded. I just opened my site up after clearing cookies, etc. [not sure if that matters], and here is the results: <!-- 87 queries. 0.997 seconds. --> <!-- Dynamic Page Served (once) in 0.996 seconds --> however, it says it took less than 1 second, but it was more like 10 seconds. the second time i navigate to the home page, it does only take a second to load. i am assuming this is because of the cache plugin, i am pulling 2 rss feeds on the homepage and i think this is a problem. anyone know how to speed things up?
  • Options
    87 queries?!!! What in heavens name are you running on there?!
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    hahahahah.... i know. :) i am using the hemingway theme for wordpress and it allows "blocks"; similar to widgets.... i have 7 blocks.....for what i am trying to do, they are necessary and very useful. it is not terribly slow....but i adore fast load times..... not sure how to approach it yet.... the cache plugin seems to help a lot, but not exactly where i want it to be....
This discussion has been closed.