Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

localhost is worked move to my host not worked!

Comments

• Options

i checked DB and Table with a code and its ok !
    who is there that to do transfer vanilla to another host or server and or another domain ?

• Options

saeedvanilla said:
    who is there that to do transfer vanilla to another host or server and or another domain ?

You want to hire someone to do the transfer for you?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited August 2012

UnderDog said:

saeedvanilla said:

You want to hire someone to do the transfer for you?

of course no !!

i mean is nobody ever to do transfer his own vanilla to another host and have a bad happen ?

sorry for my bad English :(

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

Usually, people have different issues, each unique. Sometimes they start over. Try a completely new reinstall on the new host.

Did you try luc's suggestion? that is a key to moving forward.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

also cut and this page into a file called phpinf.php and run it and look at the the info related to mysql and pdo and post the information.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

do you have any info related to pdo

e.g.

PDO
        PDO support enabled
        PDO drivers     mysql

pdo_mysql
        PDO Driver for MySQL    enabled
        Client API version  5.1.63 

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    emziemzi
    edited August 2012

saeedvanilla said:

but important my CSS , RTL , entered many Categories
    how to insert this files after install simple vanilla ??

If you want to make RTL your forum, this pack is for you! (Read the instruction). See Also this page.

saeedvanilla said:

i uploaded all file in my host and import DB and change config.php for new config of DB ... but not worked

I think there's still a problem here: config.php reconfiguration

$Configuration['Database']['Name'] = '{DB_NAME}';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = '{USERNAME}';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = '{PASSWORD}';

Check them again!

• Options

actually the brackets should not be there on the right side in a working config.php

$Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'vanilla';
        $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost';
        $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'vanillauser';
        $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 'mypass';

@saeedvanilla what is your config statement for

$Configuration['Database']['Host']

and

$Configuration['Database']['Name']

• Options
    edited September 2012

after 2 weeks , in final i resolved my problem

but i know now that mysql is a foo organization

i used wamp on windows platform and mysql on windows , no define for be case sensitive but on linux is correct

i install multiple and multiple vanilla and be come very crazy !

in final i see problem is mysql tables of gdn not GDN and in windows worked because windows not important for case sensitive of Data Read !

in my.ini file i adds "lower_case_table_names=2"

and vanilla worked in my local and if i transfer to my host will worked

is great :D ?

but i think about mysql , why to do this ???
    is very foo that in a platform to why not define for case sensitive and you must be define for platform !!

i enter GDN or gdn and i think we not define to how work correct for give data entry

i hope vanilla developer to vision see for this problem of mysql on windows and change GDN to gdn in installation step and worked in windows and linux natively ;)

good success for vanilla developer as dear tod :)

• Options

this is more a case of windows being 'foo'

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    this is more a case of windows being 'foo'

in fact i all over not happy with windows (I LOVE SOLARIS WITH great work of JAVA ! []--- )

but in windows you can do to create "New Folder" and "new folder"

if you type a list of upper case of characters windows give upper case and too for lower case

this problem is not of windows

but mysql have a foo thinking

• Options

Nah, mysql out of the box does it correctly.

You said you use wamp. Did you use one of those all in one packages for windows?

I'm no defender of relational databases, or mysql, but they do it correctly by default. It should be case sensitive.

You only tend to get these sort of problems on windows servers, google it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

SOLARIS takes me back and AIX.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    SOLARIS takes me back and AIX.

why !?

• Options

becuase I used use them as a CAD monkey.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited September 2012

@x00 said:
    Nah, mysql out of the box does it correctly.

You said you use wamp. Did you use one of those all in one packages for windows?

I'm no defender of relational databases, or mysql, but they do it correctly by default. It should be case sensitive.

You only tend to get these sort of problems on windows servers, google it.

is simple you can try for a mysql on windows and dont change my.ini to give case sensitive characters

and try to create a upper case table as GDD_x00 or X00PeRsOn and you must see this characters but all characters of your table name is lower case !!!!

i loved mysql DB but this is a big problem for this BIG DB with Big Community

i think vanilla DB give me to Reason this problem

Thank you TOdd and other developer ;)

• Options

Mate I'm not going to argue with you. But by default mysql does that table names in the case you set them in, full stop.

it is the fault of your setup, in your development environment.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@saeedvanilla

in final i see problem is mysql tables of gdn not GDN and in windows worked because windows not important for case sensitive of Data Read !

in my.ini file i adds "lower_case_table_names=2"

nice find. No wonder some of the plugins are broken with database names and tables upper and lower case. Some of the people must have developed on windows machines ! :).

• Options

@peregrine said:
    saeedvanilla

nice find. No wonder some of the plugins are broken with database names and tables upper and lower case. Some of the people must have developed on windows machines ! :).

maybe is good developers of vanilla core and plugins change all DB name to lower case !!

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2012

That is the worst suggestion I've heard. Change everything for a minority issue. It is the fault of the setup to create the tables in lowercase in the first place. It is not vanilla that has striped the case.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@x00 said:
    That is the worst suggestion I've heard. Change everything for a minority issue. It is the fault of the setup to create the tables in lowercase in the first place. It is not vanilla that has striped the case.

In case my comment got misinterpreted, I'm with you on this one @x00