Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

what is the vanillaforums.org discussion plugins , theme , etc?

2»

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited August 2012

@underdog could you close this thread its tedious now , please.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited August 2012

422 said:

>

Why don't you just stop reading it, when it's tedious to you?

I do believe this thread has a point. I understand that this particular forum wants to show off what is possible with a paid hosting plan, however it would be helpful if there were some indication on how to get a similar forum going as this is understandably a recurring question. I am not asking for a free equivalent but for a hint on what it would cost and how to achieve this.

@saeedvanilla: That plugin is the reactions plugin that is currently only available to paying customers: http://vanillaforums.com/blog/news/july-release-forum-warning-system-ranks-public-relations-api/

• Options

Maybe becuase they have got better things to do, like supporting 2.1

If you put your mortgage on the line to full time develop a OS software for 10 years you really don't need to take lectures on how to fund the project.

Most OS fanboys, and GPL fanboys have no clue how software projects are actually funded, they just assume it is a an endless stream of free stuff. Which isn't actually what OS means.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2012

The reality rather than the myth of funding OS software is that the contribution is not an endless resource. It is purely a long term tool. There are lot of advantages, but it is not something that supports itself short term without addition external means.

You need income now, and you biggest cost is manpower supporting thing you don't have to. The worst thing you can do is kill your revenue stream, or take on too many concerns so you develop dis-economises, and can't actually focus on making the core better.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Why do one or two of you debate so aggressively against someone with questions or thoughts? If there's another topic about it already, just link him to it so he can see the official response instead of putting words in the authors mouths. If a topic is still open for discussion, no one is forcing you to read it and respond so please stop trying to censor it and telling those who do want to discuss it that they should stop. Exercise a little self-control of your own and just avoid it. You might consider that you reflect poorly upon your own services too, and will ultimately turn away potential customers for your own themes and plugins.

Here's my +1 for what it's worth. It would be great if Vanilla decides to offer premium themes and plugins for sale. They come up with some great ideas and this new theme looks fantastic.

• Options

:(:|

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited August 2012

@x00:

I was only suggesting some improvement as this would be advertising their paid product. If they don't want to or have no time for it, that's ok. I was only saying that I understand why people keep asking for the plugins used on this forum.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2012

Thats cool HalfCat it wasn't a specific response to you.

Questions/Suggestions are fine, it is those that try to nag their way into getting something, and also people who are armchair business experts.

grep is your friend.

• Options

i never know that why in discussions of a forum answerer no care to subject of topic and they making very more spam and discussion come be damaged !!!

i see always there are disagreement between Ideas of open source users without knowing Philosophy it !!

SUBJECT OF TOPIC IS : what is the vanillaforums.org discussion's plugins , theme , etc?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

422 said:

Seconded,

At the very least sink it - the discussion has become off-topic and the topic question has been answered.

The nagging repetitive questions have also been answered on numerous occasions.

Or Start a New Category

"Nagging Questions that have already been answered"
    subtitle - but still some users can't accept the answer.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yep, closed.

@saeedvanilla

The theme that's presented on Vanillaforums.org you cannot download. Look in addons section for available themes.

The Buttons you see when you enter a new topic ( [B] [I] [S] [C]) etc is called buttonbar. Search for it in the Addons section.

The Reactions you can give here (flag, spam, etc) is called the Reactions plugin and cannot be downloaded (same goes for the Badges plugin) for the free Vanilla, but is only for the hosted Vanilla.

I had the feeling you were going to ask about every aspect of vanillaforums.org, so answered, let's move on.

For everyone else : There's mucho topics about used plugins here on Vanilla, let's not make another one (don't kick old topics either please).

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.