HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can you please add more than 2 pages of search results on this forum.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited August 2012 in Feedback

Would it impair perfomance too terribly by adding one or two more page of results. Sometimes the results don't span more than several discussions less than a month ago (for the last result retrieved).

yes, this is a nagging question.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• Options

peregrine said:
    yes, this is a nagging question.

LOL, why not use google search then?

Search terms : "What is the plugin with that bar of buttons" site:vanillaforums.org
    Might help?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

Yes, underdog - I've provided that "google site:"answer numerous times before.

I end up doing that when I don't find the discussion I was searching for( to actually provide help to someone and provide a link with the answer provided a few weeks before)

The search feature on this forum provides a nicer visual result display in my opinion than google ( just not enough history).

And I now remember, one of the team did answer it - too paraphrase "not much likelihood of the search being changed before the new vanilla comes out", but when a minor mod was made about another search complaint I made about recent searches (nothing more recent than few months old showed up in results, only old ones)- A "genie" fixed the problem with the cache. I was hoping maybe a genie could change the limit - if that indeed was the case. but it may also be a pagination problem or other issue I no nothing of. Just thought I would post the exact title of the topic problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.