Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum stats

spam1877spam1877 New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

How add a forum to statistics side panel or footer (as in other forums phpbb3 or IPB):
1. number of users
2. number of posts
3. number of topics
4. number of online users

Comments

• Options

1) It's not common to make a username called : 'spam' but I'll let that slide for now

2) If there isn't a 'module' for what you would like, I can suggest to make a plugin with those 'modules' in mind

Modules in Vanilla are the same as 'Blocks' or 'Widgets' in other systems

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

edited.

I added this solves 1 2 and 3

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/statisticsfooter-plugin

1. number of users 2. number of posts 3. number of topics

solved by whosonline

1. number of online users

and for #2 - I misread your question so I added up total views.

so it now has

1. number of users 2. number of posts 3. number of topics 4. number of total views.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I added the number of posts in version 1.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

• Options

that was selfless of you @422 clicking awesome when I'm only 2 points behind you on the leader board :).

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

;)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

thought I could trick you into clicking again :)

• Options

I might be able to do a 3-5 minute sample of users hitting site and provide a primitive online user count. It wouldn't be using the same technique as this forum with notifications inform, if anyone is interested. it would require a new db table and a read and write on every page click, if anyone thought that was useful.