Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't update existing add-ons to new version

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a Vanilla-2 add-on in the Addons directory, now i'm trying to add the updated version of this addon. I click on 'upload new version' and select the correct zip file. When i click on upload button, nothing happens and doesn't upload the new version of the add-ons.
Can someone help me out to resolve this issue? Thanks!

Comments

• Options

post your $PluginInfo array information

you might have a syntax error or version problem

the upload rules are tighter than the rules for enabling the plugin locally.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Thanks for your quick response. My current version is 1.0.0 and trying to update to 1.1.0. Please suggest me any solution for this:

Here is the $PluginInfo:

$PluginInfo['SocialLogin'] = array(
                                        'Name' => 'Social Login',
                        'Description' => 'This plugin integrates Vanilla with SocialLogin. You must register your application with SocialLogin for this plugin to work.',
                                    'Version' => '1.1.0',
                    'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.0.14a'),
                    'RequiredTheme' => FALSE,
                    'RequiredPlugins' => FALSE,
                    'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,
                    'SettingsUrl' => '/dashboard/settings/SocialLogin',
                    'SettingsPermission' => 'Garden.Settings.Manage',
                    'HasLocale' => TRUE,
                    'RegisterPermissions' => FALSE,
                    'Author' => "LoginRadius Team",
                    'AuthorEmail' => 'developers@loginradius.com',
                    'AuthorUrl' => 'http://www.LoginRadius.com'
                );
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

I don't see any outstanding errors. I don't know why you have problems with uploading and versions. I know you had problems before, perhaps somebody did something and changed permissions on the file or something.

@underdog - any ideas.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Besides this line:

And the obvious fact that we're not on that version but waaaaay higher, I cannot see it at this point.

There must be an error somewhere while uploading. I need to figure out where he was uploading because I didn't understand that.

It's all on his own host, right? Not on vf.org or something?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

@underdog - he wrote the plugin. he has v 1.00 up on vf.org.

I assume he tested on his own site and the plugin enables and disables properly.

Now he wants to upload new version to vf.org. Usually the upload doesn't work if the pluginfo has a syntax problem, but may work on a localhost wit the problem.

his new version for login radius is:
    'Version' => '1.1.0',

nothing wrong with this - I assume he has tested on 2.0.14a thru 2.0.18.4 otherwise he wouldn't have put that in :) right.

maybe someone changed permissions for uploading, or there is a 1.1.0 hanging around in the vf.org.

see:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/165350/#Comment_165350

• Options

Thanks @peregrine and @underdog for looking into it.
    I have tried changed RequiredApplication tag to "'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2')," but still the same issue.
    As you said that v1.1.0 may be locked, so I have also tried changing the version from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0 and its the same issue. I can't upload the new version. when i click on the upload button, it just process and show me a Red line and doesn't do anything.

Do you guys have any other ideas to resolve this issue? Thanks again!

• Options

other than trying version 1.2 - no ideas.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited August 2012

@loginradius said:
    when i click on the upload button, it just process and show me a Red line and doesn't do anything.

A screenshot would help.

FireFox / FireBug results would help too :-) (maybe a screenshot of the FireBug results then? and a screenshot where it shows that red line.)

• Options

Thanks guys, Please see the attached screenshot after upload. I have also got the screenshot of developer tools. Please let me know any other solution i can try to fix it.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

I click on 'upload new version' and select the correct zip file.

what is the name of the zip file.

I suggest you name it and give it a try.

loginradius1-01.zip

if the version number is 1.01

Will your next response be I don't want to name it that, I want to name it this? :)

if the upload doesn't work with that name - let us know.

When i click on upload button, nothing happens and doesn't upload the new version of the add-ons.

I assume you might have saved your self and us several posts (if renaming file works)

the vital information in the image that you never mentioned.

"No File Chosen"

certainly more info and better info than red line and nothing happens,

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited August 2012

Oh and can you give the file size of the file you are trying to upload?
    An error is occurring, that's for sure. In the FireBug section you can see that there's an element with the class 'Messages Errors' and then the strange thing:

< ul > < li > < /li >< /ul >

It is strange, but they've hidden that error, I guess...

I cannot find much in the actual sourcecode of the Addon app though, so we'll have to play the logic card first :-)

• Options

@peregrine - I have tried adding version no in the zip file and still doesn't work. I don't know what other information i can provide you, i just upload the zip file with the settings and after clicking on the upload button, get the red line (already attached image). Nothing happens!
    @UnderDog - Zip file size is 7kb.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the upload. I can't even upload the Vanilla1 version.
    I'm super frustrated with this, Is it possible that i can send you the updated version with my login credential and you can figure out the issue internally?

Please let me know. Thanks again for all your help with this!

• Options

sounds like a job for Underdogggg. Up, up, and away.

• Options

I just tried it Mozilla browser with same information and it Worked!! Not sure what was causing it, did you guys do something on your end to fix it?

Thanks for your quick help!