Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to insert tabular data in a post?

MichelHMichelH New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm new to Vanilla, it looked like a really nice, fast and customizable forum so I installed it on my own server. Now I'm afraid I'm already struggling with it, as I want to insert a table with some data into a post.

The default editor has no options and only seems to allow plain text. The WYSIWYG editor plugin which was included by default gives me a lot more options, but I don't want to give full HTML editing/posting capabilities. I figured something like BBcode should be fine, but when searching for how to do that I can only find the NBCC plugin, which "Adapts The New BBCode Parser to work with Vanilla". Does this mean I also have to get The New BBCode Parser and install it?

If someone could help me getting tabular data in posts without much hassle, that would be awesome. Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2012

It's pretty straight-forward:

Apples 44%
    Bananas 23%
    Oranges 13%
    Other 10%

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

I recall not all of the table tag commands in the old vanilla didn't work

if you want to create tabular info it is ofter easier
    create a table in word or notepad or whatever.

put a tab between columns not spaces.

then cut and paste into the forum

and surround it by &ltpre> tags

Apples      44%
    Bananas     23%
    Oranges     13%
    Other       10%

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.