Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Google Adsense>Side Panel plugin error

ashiwajuashiwaju New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I installed the Google AdSense>Side Panel plugin, and it broke up my board such that the discussions cannot be viewed, only the following error message :

Fatal error: Class 'Module' not found in /home/ashiwaju/public_html/owulakoda.com/forum/plugins/GoogleAdSenseSidePanel-dissable/class.adsensesidepanelmodule.php on line 5

Problem is that the plugin refuses to be disabled and i have no clue about how to revert the situation.
Please help!

Best Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012 Answer ✓

backup your /conf/config.php

to disable the plugin manually - go into config.php

look for the name of the plugin - and it might be there a couple of times.

remove all lines that have it in it.

that should disable it. I don't use the plugin - so I can't tell you if it works or not.

usually when you can't disable a plugin from the dashboard:

the name in the $PluginInfo['name of plugin'] array in source code - does not exactly match the name of the directory that it is installed in. Ususally this info is in the default.php or class."nameofplugin".plugin.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

posterity :) - you will be keeper of the flame.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012 Answer ✓

backup your /conf/config.php

to disable the plugin manually - go into config.php

look for the name of the plugin - and it might be there a couple of times.

remove all lines that have it in it.

that should disable it. I don't use the plugin - so I can't tell you if it works or not.

usually when you can't disable a plugin from the dashboard:

the name in the $PluginInfo['name of plugin'] array in source code - does not exactly match the name of the directory that it is installed in. Ususally this info is in the default.php or class."nameofplugin".plugin.php

• Options

thanks peregrine for the tip. i was able to solve the problem a bit earlier by deleting the plugin in my server control panel, but have taken note of your hint for posterity.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

posterity :) - you will be keeper of the flame.

• Options

indeed...that's why my bee(st) friend flexes its muscles! :)