Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Commenting box placement

MemenbtoMemenbto New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

As you can see, when I replaced the commenting system of wordpress, I had a bit of a problem, and I really don't understand why :

I thought it maybe be a width problem that provoked this particular placement in the sidebar, but it isn't. I tried a few other thing via CSS and Firebug, without success. Irony is, the "Comments by Vanilla" is right where it should be :

Now, on a precedent theme, I didn't have this problem, so it may be a theme problem. When searching for similar problem, I didn't find any, that certainly helps this theory. I can't help but thinking the solution is simple though. So, to those of you who might know what the problem actually is, feel free to ask any needed information, and thank you for your time.

(Note : Wordpress and Vanilla are up to date, and I don't have any other comments plugin susceptible of messing with the site. Website is here : http://johnnysgamecafe.fr/)

Answers

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2012

The box seems to be where it should be. Have you fixed it or...?

Just for the reference, your theme handles columns in a really bad way. You should consider doing something like this instead to ensure that elements won't behave strangely: http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-2-column-right-menu.htm

Oh, and remember that...

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

...is your friend :-)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Hm. It seems that the problem occurs with Firefox, but not Chrome.

The theme is a responsive one. May it come from there? I'm not really a fan, speaking of the code, despite the relative clarity of the CSS. I will take a look on that link and try to improve some things, thanks!