Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

help how can i Prevent the guest to create posts ?

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Answers

• Options

in dashboard permissions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

How is it possible to allow them to create posts without a plugin (like Anonymouse)?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

well if you allowed them permission in the dashboard I would think. Who knows how people change things - it certainly would be possible if you modified the permissions for guests away from the default permissions.

the same way you allow any role to post.

I'm not in the slightest confused @HalfCat . Does he have a user error on his forum.
    (not confusing, eh?)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

@HalfCat or then again maybe he has a user with the screenname "guest" who has been assigned the member role. still not confusing to have standards used as screennames (eh?)

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited August 2012

@pregrine: Sorry if my question was off topic. I was just wondering as it is not possible to allow guests to post comments in the latest stable build (2.0.18.4) to my knowledge. Also I didn't understand like half of what you seem to be referring to (eh?)...

• Options

I was just wondering as it is not possible to allow guests to post comments in the latest stable build (2.0.18.4) to my knowledge.

sure it is if you create a role called guest and give them permissions.
    The rolename is Guest in the dashboard - which in default vanilla 2.0.18.4 can't post.

but he asked about guest not Guest.

gets confusing don't know if it was an error on my part or the user error.

he said:

if somebody asks the above question - they obviously have done something different. because the default role Guest cannot post in 2.0.18.4

the person asking the question may have imported and created their own roles or users with the name "the guest".